Despite a restart Search for Duplicates still comes up with “No Duplicates”
despite each card having a duplicate
Severin

             Assoc Prof R Severin Crisp, FAIP, FIP, CPhys
15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia
                  ph (08) 9842 1950 ( Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
        Mob 0484 624 741   mail  to: sevcr...@westnet.com.au
<mailto:sevcr...@westnet.com.au>

> On 19 Oct 2017, at 18:37, Ronda Brown <ro...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> Try - Run the steps again Severin.
>
>  Ronni Brown’s iPad Pro 12.9-inch 256GB
>

> On 19 Oct 2017, at 6:00 pm, Severin Crisp <sevcr...@westnet.com.au
> <mailto:sevcr...@westnet.com.au>> wrote:
>
>> Interesting Ronni.   After several passes it says there are no more
>> duplicates but in fact it is now down to two of each card!
>> Severin
>>
>>              Assoc Prof R Severin Crisp, FAIP, FIP, CPhys
>> 15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia
>>                   ph (08) 9842 1950 ( Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
>>         Mob 0484 624 741   mail  to: sevcr...@westnet.com.au
>> <mailto:sevcr...@westnet.com.au>
>>

>>> On 19 Oct 2017, at 17:41, Ronni Brown <ro...@mac.com
>>> <mailto:ro...@mac.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Severin,
>>>
>>> Using you Mac is the most efficient approach and there’s a handy tool
>>> built-in with macOS.
>>> NB: Don’t forget to make sure you’ve got a copy of your contacts backed up
>>> somewhere before making changes.
>>>
>>> 1.  Start by launching the Contacts application.
>>> 2. Make sure All Contacts is selected in the top left corner of the window
>>> (this will include local and cloud stored contact cards).
>>>
>>> 3. In the menu bar click on Card → Look for Duplicates…
>>>
>>> 4. Next, a pop up window will let you know how many duplicates will be
>>> merged if there is different information on cards that share the same name
>>> and also if some duplicates will just be removed (this is automatic and in
>>> this example all the duplicates are being cleaned up by merging).
>>>
>>> 5. Click Merge and you’re done!
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> Ronni
>>>
>>> 13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)
>>> 1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
>>> 8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM