Hi Ronni

Thanks for your suggestion.  I did do this last night and the only plug-in was
one  belonging to the software upgrade I had downloaded earlier, so I trashed
it plus the software I downloaded - trying
to think of all the possible offenders.  I re-started the Mac and iTunes still
crashed.  My last resort was to download the latest version of iTunes (I was
only was off the latest) - and it worked !  The
only thing I can think of is some file of iTunes somehow was deleted.  I am
sure I would not have done that though.

I was beginning to think that iTunes will stop working unless one upgrades to
the latest version.  However, that would be a first.

I would be interested if you have any ideas, when you have the time as it is
not urgent.

Many thanks

Jewels