Back in the day it wasn’t uncommon to put them in the dishwasher. The “Day” was
when the keyboard was the Apple Extended Keyboard II (ADB).
SO, if you’re game here are some basic instructions.

Make sure you've got a spare keyboard. You must wait at least a week (7 days)
before the keyboard can be used again after it's been washed, therefore unless
you do not plan on using your computer for a week you'll need a spare.
Do not use any dish soap.
If your dishwasher has multiple settings, make sure it's a rinse only. Do not
use a heavy wash, pots, and pan setting, or any heated drying settings. Any
extensive heat will destroy the keyboard.
Wash the keyboard on the top rack only.
Do not put anything else in the dishwasher except the keyboard.
Only try this if your computer keyboard is plastic.
If you want a more extensive clean under the keys remove each of the keys and
wash just the keyboard.
After the keyboard has been washed, shake it to allow excessive water to drain
out. Then tip the keyboard upside down so it is laying on the keys, and let the
keyboard dry for seven days.