Initially, they were group emails sent through Mailman (and I checked the settings). Once it was clear that this failed, we tried a direct, person-to-person email, and this also failed.

I don't think I've BCCed him at all.

Thinking about it, the person with the admin rights to the Mailman account is no longer with the organisation, so I haven't seen any bounce messages from Mailman. These might give a clue as to the problem.

Any bright ideas?
Rob