Hi Rosemary,

I have never used Facebook and never will for numerous reasons, and one is lack
of security & privacy.

Your problems sound like you have installed a rogue App.
“if you are seeing this happen in your Facebook inbox as IM's rather than
e-mail then it is probably caused by a rogue app that you have allowed. You may
have clicked on a post someone else has shared that installed an app without
you knowing it. Spammy posts that promise things that Facebook doesn't allow
are notorious for this... things like "see who has been visiting your Facebook
page" and things like that.
Go to the applications area in your settings and look for applications that are
new or ones you are unsure of what they do and get rid of them.”

 Ronni Brown’s iPad Pro 12.9-inch 256GB