Hi Philippe,

You mention in your message on May 6 that you have hear that MS Word will pen
PDF files. Unfortunately, this is true only of the Windows version, and the
results are acceptable but not excellent. Word on the Mac will also “open”
PDFs, but the results are displayed in native PDF code (a form of Postscript)
and therefore not useful at all to any but the most knowledgeable PS jockeys.

Of course, I heartily endorse PDFPen, along with many other products from its
publisher Smile. Bear in mind that not only does it allow you to edit the PDF
directly, but it will also convert the file to a Word document, as well as
other formats. Earlier versions required a decent Internet connection to
achieve this, but recent versions come with the conversion routines built in.

You can also convert the PDF to a Word format using current versions of PDF
Reader, and this DOES require the Internet; btu it’s free, so it might be the
best option for a one-off job.

Kind regards,

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948