Hi Tony, Peter, Michael, Susan,

“Up to a point RAM is of much greater importance. I.e. until you have enough
RAM, adding an SSD (or rather replacing a HDD with an SSD) will have little to
no effect.
You can have the fastest SSD on the planet, if your RAM is too small then your
machine would be slow.”

RAM and SSD (Storage) do two fundamentally different things.

RAM is the "working memory" of your computer, so it impacts how many concurrent
applications, operations and variables you can have at the same time. If you
will have many applications open at the same time (or even just several heavy
ones like Photoshop), then more RAM is a must.

Storage is literally how much data you can store / save. The advantage of an
SSD is that the amount of time it takes to retrieve the data from disk is much,
much lower than with a traditional hard drive. Therefore, you will notice a
difference in how quickly applications start up, load data etc with an SSD. If
you also need pure volume, use an SSD as the disk the OS is installed on, and
use a second regular hard drive for additional storage.

As everyone agrees, combine these together and your system will work better
overall.”

 Ronni Brown’s iPad Pro 12.9-inch 256GB