Hi Peter,

Safari 12 for MacOS

Block or Allow All Websites by Default

Select “Safari” > “Preferences“, then select on “Websites” at the top of the
window.
Select “Pop-up Windows” on the left side.
Use the “When visiting other websites” drop-down menu to one of the following:
Block and Notify
Block
Allow
Block or Allow Single Website

Visit the website you would like to block or allow.
Select “Safari” > “Preferences“.
Select on “Websites” at the top of the window.
Select “Pop-up Windows” on the left side.
The website should be listed where you can select a setting in the drop-down
menu.
Block and Notify
Block
Allow
When Safari is set to “Block and Notify”, you can allow pop-up windows right
after they have been blocked by selecting the two boxes in the address bar.

To answer why your laptop is taking longer to ‘wake from sleep’, we need more
details on your computer.
Have you tried a shutdown and then startup...?

 Ronni Brown’s iPad Pro 12.9-inch 256GB