> On 16 Jan 2019, at 2:12 pm, Peter Curtis <pe...@augold.com.au> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone
> I just have a query in relation to using a USB hub.
> Can I plug in two different computers to the hub to access a printer? or must
> the lead be swapped to each computer when being used.
> This is in relation to both two Macs or one Mac and one PC.
> Kind regards
> Peter

The quick answer is No, because the USB hub is simply distributing multiple USB
connections from a single USB port in your computer. Consequently the hub has
only a single input cable or port, and all the rest are output ports.

The correct way to access a single printer from multiple computers is first of
all to have them on the same network  (Airport or Ethernet) and then turn on
Printer Sharing (System Preferences > Sharing then check the Printer Sharing
Checkbox). The printer must be attached to only one of the computers, which
will be the one with Printer Sharing activated, and of course that computer
must be running if the other computer needs to print.

Kind regards,

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948