Hi Jewels,

If a specific mailbox is selected in the Favourites bar, Mail searches only
that mailbox. To search all mailboxes instead, click All.
Mail may not be looking in the Bin or Junk mailboxes, or searching encrypted
messages. To include them when searching all mailboxes, choose Mail >
Preferences, click General, then select the options.
You may need to sync the mailboxes on your Mac with those on the mail server.
Choose Mailbox > Synchronise > [account].
The Mail folder (located in your home Library folder) may be excluded from
Spotlight searching. To check, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click
Spotlight, then click Privacy.
Kind Regards,
      Ronni

 Ronni Brown’s iPad Pro 12.9-inch 256GB