Hehe,

Well I actually prefer Snow leopard as the most ‘sorted” OS that met all my
needs!  -   however ongoing compatibility constraints  meant that I galloped
into the future that was El Capitan!

No doubt, at some time, I will need to buy new hardware and upgrade to a more
“modern” OS – I used to look forward to this but now these “improvements’ often
seem less than  compelling!!

YMMV

Cheers

Neil