Hi Stephen

I went onto something else and when I went back to calendar I touched the space
bar and it all came back so panic over for now. I had hit the space bar before
many times before, as well as other keys, so I don’t  know why it worked this
time

I don’t use iCloud but it sounds like a good idea to at least park my calendar
there in case it happens again. It was very scary and worrying when it happened

I presume it’s backed up both on Time machine and Carbon Copy Cloner but I was
hoping someone could tell me how to get the data back from a backup. Presumably
the data is kept somewhere

Thanks Allen