Hi Bill,

Do you have this setting selected under Finder > AirDrop.
 At the bottom of the screen, click the arrow next to “Allow Me to Be
Discovered By:” and select “Everyone” from the drop-down menu?

AirDrop is compatible with the following Mac computers:

MacBook Pro (late 2008 or newer)
MacBook Air (late 2010 or newer)
MacBook (late 2008 or newer)
iMac (early 2009 or newer)
Mac mini (mid-2010 or newer)
Mac Pro (early 2009 with AirPort Extreme or newer)

Kind Regards,
Ronni

 Ronni Brown’s iPad Pro 12.9-inch 256GB