Hi folks, I have been trying to resolve for some hours on my wife’s Macbook. It
is a 2011 unit 10.14.6 Mojave OSX and she was having very slow Wifi connection
from sleep issues. So i deleted the Wifi connection and re-established it.

The issue I am now having done this is the inability to get Internet
connection. I have truly watched and read many many threads on this issue and
carried out the ‘repair’ ideas but none has worked. I can send a text over
iMessage (within the house) and the text is received - so Wifi is working, but
there is no connection outside of the house. All other devices in the house are
fine.

With the Dropbox icon in the menu bar, I can see in an instant if a Internet
connection gets connected - it remains greyed out at the moment - though
normally is dark font indicating a connection is established.

Tried all sorts of resetting ideas. New connection in System Prefs>Network.
Delete the plist files. I think I may have even resolved this previously (many
years ago). As it is a long time between issues, I basically start from scratch
each time to sort it.

Many of the clips indicate resetting the Wifi network config will resolve but
not for this one. Seems I have a unique set of circumstances here.

I hope some of you may have some ideas.

Regards

Pete