Peter

32 bit apps will not work on Catalina.  Catalina essentially ignores any 32 bit
app if you leave them installed before upgrading.

Easiest way to check for 32 bit apps installed is to run an app called “32bit
Check” by Howard Oakley and is available to download from his website
eclecticlight.co <http://eclecticlight.co/>

Cheers
Alan