From: wamug@wamug.org.au
To:"WAMUG List"
Sent:Wed, 06 May 2020 22:06:41 +0800
Subject:Can you zoom into help?

Hello fellow wamuggers
I hope you are all keeping safe and well. The events of the last five
months have certainly resulted in changes to our lifestyles and
behaviours. Hopefully, it will not be too long before we can resume
those parts of our lives that we miss the most.
With the restrictions on meetings of no more than two people, the
WAMUG committee has had to cancel our General and Committee
meetings.  That’s when the idea of using Zoom, the video
conferencing panacea to Covid -19 iso, for our committee meeting
evolved. We had a go and soon realised the potential of this app,
especially for our General meetings.  Having Zoom meetings would
allow any member to participate no matter where they live.
So, we want to have an 'exploratory' Zoom session with more than just
five people, and we need some volunteers. If you can help out by
participating, we would love to hear from you.
THE SESSION WILL TAKE PLACE NEXT TUESDAY, 12 MAY AT 7:30 PM AND WILL
LAST FOR 40 MINUTES.
There is no need to sign up to Zoom. Participants will receive an
email link to the meeting, a Meeting ID and Password. Added to this
security is the fact that the meeting host, Peter Hinchcliff, has to
'admit' members. (Does that means he is a digital bouncer).  With
extra numbers, we will be able to get a better feel of how Zoom works
rather than relying on Youtube faux pas and media reported failures
and from your feedback see if it is worth pursuing further.
If you would like to participate, please email me.  We are limiting
this session to 12 paid up members, so first in best dressed.
Thank you in anticipation and remain safe.
Kind regards,Maureen Smith