> On 4 Oct 2020, at 3:32 pm, Stephen Chape <chap...@bigpond.com> wrote:
>
> Hi folks.
>
> My daughter bought a new iMac in March this year (her 2010 model had become
> way too slow).
> But this new one takes 4 minutes from switch on to reach Login.
> Then quite a while after Login before desktop is ready.
>
> Specs as below:
>
> iMac Retina 4K, 21.5 inch 2019.
> 3.6Ghz Quad-Core Intel Core i3
> Memory 8GB 24 MHz DDR4
> Startup Disk Mac HD
> Graphics Radeon Pro 555X 2 GB
>
> Any ideas on speeding it up would be greatly welcomed please.
>
> Regards,
> Stephen Chape

Easy question, not so easy when it comes to an answer, especially sight-unseen.
The specs seem OK. Being a 2019 computer, is it running Mojave or Catalina? Is
the HD OK? So many variables and questions. The quickest (and cheapest!)
answers might be found with a booking at the Genius Bar, seeing it’s a new
machine.

Kind regards,

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948