The entry level MBPRO at $1300 don’t have an SD card reader like my existing
MBPRO does, and running emulation like VMWare still seems problematic.

I use the emulation to run car diagnostic software, oziexplorer for mapping and
to lose these functions and ports would be a backward step

I’ll have to see if the features of Monterey outweigh the the hassles of
workaround

Tim Law