Hi Pete,

Probably a long shot but, way back in the past, I used two different Apple IDs
(long story - one was for things that were only available through the US iTunes
store).

Is there any way that you possibly have two Apple IDs and you have linked the
new  iPad and iPhone to a different ID to the MacBook (or possibly even created
a new ID when you setup one of the new devices) – this could explain the
message and why the devices are not showing up against your main ID (the
MacBook one).

Just a thought.

Cheers

Neil