Just in case this went astray last time.

   Begin forwarded message:

   From: Stephen Chape <[1]chap...@bigpond.com>

   Subject: Changing Lock Screen Wallpaper on new M1 MacBook

   Date: 21 Jul 2022 at 10:49:44 am AWST

   Hi folks.
   My grandson just bought the basic model of the above.
   He wants to change the Lock Screen Wallpaper but it will not change.
   He was able to change the “after login” wallpaper, but not the “before
   login” wallpaper.
   What I cannot understand is that when I change the wallpaper in System
   Preferences on my 2017 iMac (Monterey)
   it changes both before and after login.
   Any ideas why it will not on his new MacBook please ?
   Regards
   Stephen Chape
   Mac by choice
   Windows because my employer knew no better