Hi Rosemary.

   I got a similar flyer a while ago too. I’m with Internode - who got
   taken over by iiNet and then TPG too; although they are still
   maintaining a separate existence. Anyway, when I rang them all excited,
   they said they were not yet able to provide it at my address but hoped
   they would in the future. Apparently, whilst NBN can provide the
   infrastructure, it is the service provider who actually ‘provides’ the
   service.

   My understanding is that when Internode, and presumably Westnet, get
   around to providing the service, NBN will lay the fibre to the house
   part and then Internode will provide all the rest.

   That’s my take on it. I am very well satisfied with Internode so I’m
   just waiting for them to do their bit. Presumably, it must some
   infrastructure thing at their exchanges or somewhere.

   Now that I’ve written this, I’m going online to see if they have
   changed anything.
   Regards,
   Pete Smith

   On 12 Jul 2023, at 4:08 pm, Rosemary Spark via WAMUG