Hi Stephen,

As an ABB shareholder, I would encourage everyone to change to ABB  ;o)

Though, I have to admit, I am still loyal to Internode - I switched to them
from Telstra when we moved from dial-up to ADSL and have always found their
customer support to be very good (even since the iiNet/TPG buyouts).

I too have frequently had service problems with Telstra in the past - both
technical on the old dial-up and, more recently, with double billing of
auto-recharge on pre-paid mobile plans - however, I have found their online
chat service to have improved a lot (this was for the double billing issues).

One bonus I have had from Telstra: when I switched to internode, I continued to
pay Telstra around $25 pa to keep my bigpond email address (like Daniel this
wasn't my main email but I didn't want to lose it) so I was very surprised,
back in 2015, when Telstra told me they were retiring Bigpond but they would
continue to provide my Bigpond email FREE OR CHARGE!   -   a year or so later
it was migrated to Telstra meil and, to date, it still all works - even though
it is around 8 years since I paid for the email service!

Disclaimer - I am also a Telstra shareholder!!

Cheers

Neil