Yes Neil and Rosemary, I believe you're correct there Neil. Depending
   how handy you are, you could buy yourself a long length of Cat 6 cable
   to run from your NBN box to a wall point (new or old) for a dedicated
   connection between router and NBN box. I did this for my sons room at
   the back of my house - 30m Cat 6 for direct connection to an Apple
   Airport Express for local Wifi signal strength in his room.

   If not so handy, then use one of these guys. I did a Google search
   "domestic internet cabling perth" which gave lots of hits. Here's one.
   https://www.perthservices.com.au/phones-data-cabling/?gad_source=1&gcli
   d=CjwKCAiAvJarBhA1EiwAGgZl0IN9YUVwtwDKMY5VPy7200vPOBSvhcAqJyYYyGTf8Hzzq
   Pnu6U39nBoCaJcQAvD_BwE
   Hopefully this helps.
   Kind Regards
   Peter Crisp