The quickest an cheapest (i.e. free!) way is with the Terminal. Even if the
idea of using Terminal frightens you to death (as it does with a lot of people)
the following article makes it easy.

https://beebom.com/how-hide-file-folder-macos/
How to Hide a File or Folder in macOS
beebom.com

> On 15 Jan 2024, at 1:52 pm, Matt Falvey via WAMUG <wa...@lists.wamug.org.au>
> wrote:
>
>   Hi I am wondering if anyone can suggest any application for an iMac
>   that will hide and password protect a folder?
>
>   I need one where I can access the folder regularly to update and store
>   passwords etc, so using filevault and encryption and creating copies is
>   to time consuming.
>
>   I previously had Apimac Secret Folder on an old Mac which did the trick
>   but looking today they want $51.95 for it which seems a bit of a rip
>   off for such a minor app.
>
>   Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
>
>   Take care.
>   Matt
> Archives - <https://www.mail-archive.com/wamug@wamug.org.au/>

Kind regards,

Claris FileMaker Pro Associate Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948