“I want to say one thing specifically to the world
today. This was not a terrorist attack against the
mighty and the powerful. It was not aimed at
presidents or prime ministers.

“It was aimed at ordinary, working-class Londoners,
black and white, Muslim and Christian, Hindu and Jew,
young and old.

“It was an indiscriminate attempt to slaughter,
irrespective of any considerations for age, for class,
for religion or whatever.

“That isn’t an ideology, it isn’t even a perverted
faith, it is just an indiscriminate attempt at mass
murder and we know what the objective is.

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/news/story.asp?j=55600248&p=556xx5yz&n=55600540

'Cowardly' act was aimed at ordinary workers - London
mayor
07/07/2005 - 16:43:10

The Mayor of London, Ken Livingstone, today condemned
today'sterrorist attacks as “cowardly” and praised
Londoners for their calm in coping with the multiple
tragedy.

In a statement this afternoon, he said: “This was a
cowardly attack which has resulted in injury and loss
of life. Our thoughts are with everyone who has been
injured or lost loved ones. I want to thank the
emergency services for the way they have responded.

“I’d like to thank Londoners for the calm way in which
they have responded to this cowardly attack and echo
the advice of the Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir
Ian Blair – do everything possible to assist the
police and take the advice of the police about getting
home today.”

Mr Livingstone said terrorists had been successful in
their bid to disrupt London and cause as much upset as
possible.

He said: “I have no doubt whatsoever that this is a
terrorist attack. We did hope in the first few minutes
after hearing about the events on the Underground that
it might simply be a maintenance tragedy. That was not
the case.

“I want to say one thing specifically to the world
today. This was not a terrorist attack against the
mighty and the powerful. It was not aimed at
presidents or prime ministers.

“It was aimed at ordinary, working-class Londoners,
black and white, Muslim and Christian, Hindu and Jew,
young and old.

“It was an indiscriminate attempt to slaughter,
irrespective of any considerations for age, for class,
for religion or whatever.

“That isn’t an ideology, it isn’t even a perverted
faith, it is just an indiscriminate attempt at mass
murder and we know what the objective is. They seek to
divide Londoners. They seek to turn Londoners against
each other.

“I said yesterday to the International Olympic
Committee that the city of London is the greatest in
the world because everybody lives side by side in
harmony.

“Londoners will not be divided by the cowardly attack.
They will stand together in solidarity alongside those
who have been injured and those who have been bereaved
and that is why I’m proud to be the Mayor of that
city.”

http://mail.yahoo.com

WM FOR ACEH
Bantu korban bencana gempa dan tsunami di Aceh dan Sumatra Utara!
Rekening BCA Kantor Cabang Pembantu (KCP) Koperasi Sejati Mulia Pasar Minggu No
Rek. 554 001 4207 an. Herni Sri Nurbayanti.
Harap konfirmasi sebelumnya ke [EMAIL PROTECTED] atau HP 0817 149 129.

Milis Wanita Muslimah
Membangun citra wanita muslimah dalam diri, keluarga, maupun masyarakat.
Situs Web: http://www.wanita-muslimah.com
Kirim Posting mailto:wanita-muslimah@yahoogroups.com
Berhenti mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Milis Keluarga Islami mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Milis Anak Muda Islam mailto:majelismuda@yahoogroups.com

This mailing list has a special spell casted to reject any attachment ....
Yahoo! Groups Links