Tariq Ramadan: 'We Muslims need to get out of our intellectual and
social ghettos'

*******

But there is something more subtle. Too much of the internal
conversation within the Muslim community at present nurtures a sense
of guilt, inadequacy and alienation. "Young people are told:
everything you do is wrong - you don't pray, you drink, you aren't
modest, you don't behave. They are told that the only way to be a good
Muslim is to live in an Islamic society. Since they can't do that,
this magnifies their sense of inadequacy and creates an identity
crisis. Such young people are easy prey for someone who comes along
and says, 'there is a way to purify yourself'. Some of these figures
even keep the young people drinking to increase their sense of guilt
and make them easier to manipulate."

********

http://news.independent.co.uk/people/profiles/article301486.ece

Milis Wanita Muslimah
Membangun citra wanita muslimah dalam diri, keluarga, maupun masyarakat.
Situs Web: http://www.wanita-muslimah.com
Kirim Posting mailto:wanita-muslimah@yahoogroups.com
Berhenti mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Milis Keluarga Sejahtera mailto:keluarga-sejahtera@yahoogroups.com
Milis Anak Muda Islam mailto:majelismuda@yahoogroups.com

This mailing list has a special spell casted to reject any attachment ....
Yahoo! Groups Links