http://www.thejakartapost.com/detaillatestnews.asp?fileid=20051008165802&irec=3

Indonesia lacks even one quality university

KUPANG, East Nusa Tenggara (Antara): Rector of the Widya Mandira Catholic
University of Kupang, Father Cosmas Fernandez SVD, said on Saturday that
despite an increasing number of new universities in Indonesia, not a single one
of them could be classified asquality institutions of higher education.

Of the 500 quality universities throughout the world, none of them were
Indonesian, Father Cosmas said at a graduation ceremony at the university.

"Let alone the world level, at the Asian level we do not enter into the
equation either. Of the 100 best universities in Asia, none of them are
Indonesian," he said.

"We should be ashamed that we don't have a quality university. The
commercialization of education has spread throughout the country, which leads
to graduates with fake diplomas," he said.

"As a big country, we are only able to produce graduates that end up burdening
the state as they don't have the skills needed to get us out of the economic
crisis," he said.

Father Cosmas said that the low quality of Indonesia's education was caused
mainly by various forms of corruption, which enabled people to easily get bogus
diplomas. (**)

Click here to rescue a little child from a life of poverty.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rAWabB/gYnLAA/i1hLAA/aYWolB/TM

This mailing list has a special spell casted to reject any attachment ....
Yahoo! Groups Links