http://www.arabnews.com/?page=9&section=0&article=79642&d=23&m=3&y=2006&pix=community.jpg&category=Features

            Thursday, 23, March, 2006 (22, Safar, 1427)

                  'Let's Work for Strong, Progressive Islamic State'
                  Shaukat Aziz, Prime Minister of Islamic Republic of Pakistan

                  It is with great pride and pleasure that I join my countrymen
in celebrating the Pakistan Day. It was on this day of March 1940 that the
Muslims of India formally articulated their ambition to found a homeland for
themselves in the subcontinent, where they could lead their lives according to
their beliefs and ideal.

                  The dream finally came true in August 1947 under the
inspiring and selfless leadership of Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah.

                  On this day, while we pay homage to Quaid-e-Azam, we must
also remember the unprecedented sacrifices of our forefathers for a strong,
progressive and forward looking independent Islamic Welfare State, where they
could build an enlightened, tolerant and moderate society that ensures social
justice and equal opportunities to every citizen, irrespective of their caste,
creed, color or gender.

                  The government is determined to achieve these noble
objectives, and shall continue to fight the evils of corruption, illiteracy,
nepotism, parochialism, sectarianism and terrorism that slow down our march
toward achievement of these goals, with all the strength at our command and
strive to make Pakistan a decent place to live in.

                  Let me take this opportunity to remind you that in the
present environment, it is all the more imperative for us to place our national
unity and integrity above any other consideration.

                  Let us inculcate unity among our ranks and discipline in
every aspect of our individual and collective lives. Let us further reinforce
our faith in the Almighty and our inherent intellectual, moral and physical
strength.

                  Let petty differences be subordinated to higher values of
life, which demand unity, faith and discipline.

                  I pray to the Almighty Allah on this occasion to give us the
strength and perseverance to achieve these noble ideals and bless us in our
efforts to prove ourselves worthy of the heritage bequeathed to us by our
beloved Quaid. Ameen!

                  Pakistan Paindabad!

http://us.click.yahoo.com/lMct6A/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/aYWolB/TM

This mailing list has a special spell casted to reject any attachment ....
Yahoo! Groups Links