Jeng Rita yang anti korupsi ,

  Their conclusion? "Foreign investors will never return to Indonesia
as long as our legal system, including courts, remain as corrupt as
they are at present."
==============

  Jano-ko menanggapi,

  Artikel itu belum menjawab pertanyaan dari saya yang saya tujukan kepada
ananda Aisha yang kreatif itu, yang saya tanyakan itu adalah pernyataan beliau
yang berbunyi Indonesia 'paling ngetop'  itu lho.

  I  n  i   t i d a k   a d a   k a i t a n n y a   d e n g a n  a r t i k e l
d i a t a s  &
  ini tidak ada kaitannya dengan Ananda Aisha lho, pokoke Jano-ko akan protes
kalau bangsa Indonesia disebut bangsa terkorup, lha sudah jelas Indonesia itu
negara Agraris and sebag bsr penduduknya adalah petani, mereka miskin dan
teraniaya. Pertanyaannya adalah, logikane dimana menyebut bangsa indonesia itu
bangsa yang paling korup didunia?, soale petani-petani kita itu kan pada
"kere", lha yang mau dikorupsi apanya ? sedih aku.....ini namanya sudah ketimpa
atap rumah lalu kejatuhan almari besi yang beratnya berton-tonan...mecedel......
  Jeng Rita sudah pernah belum menyatu dengan para petani ?
  O hiya, beberapa waktu yang lalu jano-ko "menyelamatkan" sebuah keluarga
petani yang dianiaya dan diusir dari desanya oleh begundal-begundal yang tidak
berperikemanusiaan.

  Mau apa, jeng Rita disebut koruptor hanya karena jeng Rita sebagai WNI
?...:)..yang jelas kaum feminis harus marah tuh kalau terjadi pelabelan yang
super ...........seperti itu. Aku ora emongsi lho.......

  :)

  Nah jeng Rita, kalau jeng Rita belum kenal dengan dunia bisnis, cobalah
mengenal dunia bisnis, coba hayati saja kalimat dibawah ini yang merupakan
potongan dari artikel yang anda kirim itu,

  "Their conclusion? "Foreign investors will never return to Indonesia as long
as our legal system, including courts, remain as corrupt as they are at
present."

  Coba hayati artikel tersebut, kalau belum jelas silahkan japri kesaya.....:)

  And pertanyaan untuk Jeng Rita, kolusi yang dirmuat diartikel itu melibatkan
satu pihak "oknum" saja atau dua pihak "oknum''  ?  atau banyak pihak ?

wassalam

ritajkt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          Artikel ini terutama teruntuk Kakanda Janoko yang mempertanyakan
tingkat korupnya birokrat Indonesya. Sumonggo diwaos..Bos..:)
salim,
saya
S'pore courts win trust, RI courts 'win the bribes'

By : Kornelius Purba, The Jakarta Post, Singapore

What is different about people's reactions to losing cases -- both
civil and criminal -- in Singaporean courts as compared to
Indonesian ones?

"In Singapore, the most I can say is stupid judge," said an
Indonesian whose company has been battling for months against
another Indonesian company in a civil case in Singapore.

In Indonesia? "There are no other words but 'the judge has obviously
been bribed'," said another Indonesian on the opposite side.

Their conclusion? "Foreign investors will never return to Indonesia
as long as our legal system, including courts, remain as corrupt as
they are at present."

After attending some court sessions here, Indonesian visitors will
very likely draw a united conclusion: That people have tremendous
respect for judges in Singapore.

Trials appear to be both transparent and efficient and judges to
have high integrity and vast knowledge of the law. Sadly the
Indonesian courts are another story.

In Singapore, the parties concerned can even get a full transcript
of each session, often on the same day, from the court. Based on my
own observations, the High Court here hires a private company,
WordWave International Asia Ltd., to provide a computerized
transcribing system. According to an Indonesian legal expert, the
verdict is even available on the court's website.

Take, for example, a business dispute here, which is being handled
by Justice Kan Ting Chiu and is now nearing completion after months
of open court proceedings.

Indonesian conglomerate Sukanto Tanoto is suing two defendants,
Deutsche Bank and PT Dianlia Setyamukti (DSM) -- owned by Edwin
Soeryadjaya and his business associates -- because Sukanto believes
the two defendants were involved in a conspiracy to take away his
shares in a coal mine in South Kalimantan, which produces one of the
world's highest-grade coals.

The plaintiff and the two defendants reportedly hired
representatives of Singapore's top three law firms. They use the
same strategy: Convince the judge their rivals have very
questionable reputations and committed gross legal violations.

Sukanto's legal council Steven Chong, alleged the bank had illegally
sold his client's share, which he put up as collateral for his
US$100 million loan from the bank in 1998.

During the testimonies of Edwin and his business partner, Sandiaga
Uno, apart from trying to prove the shares transaction was a fraud,
Steven also pressed the two witnesses to prove his allegation that
PT DSM had also committed fraud in obtaining a US$46 million loan
from state-owned Bank Mandiri in 2002. The loan was used to pay for
the shares Sukanto bought from Deutsche Bank.

Meanwhile, a Deutsche Bank lawyer described Sukanto as a "crook."
Edwin was more polite." He (Sukanto) is someone with whom I will
never do business."

"I am very tired," Sandiaga said after being questioned by Chong
over several days.

Apart from their complaints over the tough questioning sessions,
both Sandiaga and Edwin respected the process.

Getting a bank loan in Indonesia can require a personal approach.
While it may seem strange to the people of other countries, it is
not a practice that is against Indonesian law.

Sandiaga testified about getting a loan from Bank Mandiri,"... In
Indonesia, the way you get a loan is, you lobby the (bank) director
first ... Once the green light is given by the director, we work
with the team that is appointed, and everything when the structure
is finalized, the term is agreed, then the documentation takes
place .. That's how at least Bank Mandiri approached the loan back
then in 2002 ..."

The Soeryadjayas, the founder of automotive firm PT Astra
International, is a highly respected family in Indonesia. For
Indonesian banks a family's reputation means something.

But for non-Indonesians, Sandiaga's testimony that "... Pak Edwin
has a very good relationship with the president of Bank Mandiri,"
could give the wrong impression.

As Chong brought home his point about the deal between Bank Mandiri
and Sandiaga, however, Justice Kan warned: "Sometimes we think
everything outside Singapore has a parallel system to ours, but it
is not. We already have seen a lot of things which do not exactly
coincide with the way we do things here."

The coal saga itself began in 1997, when the government granted PT
Adaro a 25-year coal concession. Sukanto, through the subsidiaries
of his holding company PT Raja Garuda Mas International (RGMI)
indirectly controlled 15 percent of Adaro shares. The economic
crisis hit Asia in the same year.

One year later, Sukanto intended to increase his stake to 40
percent. Deutsche Bank agreed to provide a $100 million loan to
Sukanto's firm with the 40 percent shares as collateral. The
agreement was signed in Singapore. Until the end of 2001 the bank
could not get the payment for its loan. At that time many Indonesian
companies were facing similar problems with their foreign creditors.

Concluding that Sukanto had no goodwill to honor his obligation, in
February 2002, the bank sold the shares in a private deal to Edwin's
DSM. After selling other collateral the bank could get $46 million.
The shares now are worth 10 times the price, according to
FinanceAsia.

Sukanto argued he lost his shares because of a conspiracy. He sued
the two defendants in Singapore because the loan was signed in
Singapore. However as coal miner PT Adaro operates in Indonesia,
Sukanto has to file another lawsuit in Indonesia. He has not done
so.

He wants the shares to be returned to him, which is a tough ask,
because the shares have in fact,"flown everywhere."

However, no matter who wins the case in Singapore, it is unlikely
anyone will think,"Justice Kan was bribed." While in Indonesia, that
would probably be the loser's first reaction.

This mailing list has a special spell casted to reject any attachment ....
Yahoo! Groups Links