http://www.eldis.org/go/display&type=Document&id=32726

Making change happen: power

Concepts for understanding and applying power for justice, equality and peace

Authors: V. Miller; L. Veneklasen; M. Reilly
Publisher: Just Associates.org, 2006

Full text of document
http://www.justassociates.org/index_files/MCH3red.pdf

Despite previous advocacy successes, why do many strategies and
approaches seem inadequate in the struggle to overcome poverty and
injustice? What are sources of inspiration, experience and wisdom that
we can draw upon to strengthen our efforts? How do we understand the
complexities of power and empowerment, and how do we best respond to
them in ways that use, build and transform power?

This booklet is the latest in the "Making Change Happen" series 3 and
provides ideas, tools and inspiration for understanding and engaging
power to address inequality and injustice. It looks at how power
operates visibly and invisibly in negative and positive ways and is
written for activists and others interested in the kind of
movement-building that weaves collective power across differences.
Concepts of power such as power over, power with, power within and
power to are examined.

Kirim email ke