Reese Witherspoon, seorang artis Hollywood papan atas mengakui ada
praktek pelecehan seksual terhadap perempuan terutama pendatang baru
di dunia hiburan Hollywood. Praktek semacam ini tidak mungkin tidak
ada di dunia hiburan tanah air.

Pertanyaan saya, apakah ada aksi advokasi dari aktivis perempuan untuk
calon artis yang kebetulan lemah kepribadiannya, tapi bertekad
menembus dunia hiburan tanah air dan akhirnya terseret ke industri
hiburan kacangan/murahan yg hanya mengobral seksualitas perempuan?

================================

Berikut ini kutipan artikel yg dimuat di majalah Parade.com (11/23/2008)

When Reese first arrived in L.A., she quickly felt that the treatment
of women by Hollywood was repugnant—and she still feels that it is.

"It takes perseverance and determination for any young woman to
navigate the movie business," she says. "It's deeply offensive when
they are objectified, treated like sex toys. It's so easy to get
attention early on in your career when you promote only the sexual
side of yourself. It gains you popularity, but it doesn't mean
anything. Five years later, no one knows your name, and you wonder why.

"Trust me, I've had my moments," she adds. "I'm like a junkyard dog.
I'd say, `Why are they asking me to wear a bikini?' I get tough,
because I see the slippery slope. I've heard the way roles are cast.
There are a lot of women who don't respect themselves and hurt
themselves. I grew up knowing strong women who value who you are and
what you contribute to life." This sense of strength still helps Reese
today.

Trims!
-caroline

Kirim email ke