I believe that in the other Country, some one likes Gus Dur must be live
there.
Some one who love the minority.
Everybody who love Gud Dur hopes peace in this country

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 6:31 PM, abdul <latifabdul...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks for a good article..
> So every one who love peace in this country should continue Gus Dur's way
> of life, to protect minority right and freedom of religious and speech. So
> let we fight all together the violent ideology from Islam group. May God
> will bless us.amien
>

> --- In wanita-muslimah@yahoogroups.com <wanita-muslimah%40yahoogroups.com>,
> "Dharmawan Ronodipuro" <dharmawan_ronodip...@...> wrote:
> >
> > http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/16amy/Article/index_html
> >
> > AMY CHEW
> > Gus Dur's pluralist Islam takes root
> >
> > 2010/02/03
> >
> > The late Indonesian president and ulama Abdurrahman Wahid, or Gus Dur,
> was a
> > great protector of minorities who taught his followers to respect and
> accept
> > others, regardless of race and religion, writes AMY CHEW
> >
> > TAHRIR Square is the most famous public square in Baghdad. It is also one
> of
> > the most bombed-out areas in Iraq. The late Indonesian president and
> ulama
> > Abdurrahman Wahid knew the square well, having committed it to memory
> from
> > his days as a student at the University of Baghdad.
> >
> > Wahid, fondly known as Gus Dur, lived in Iraq from 1966 to 1970, where he
> > studied Islamic literature. As a struggling student, he worked part-time
> for
> > a textile company owned by a Jewish man to earn some extra money.
> >
> > On Jan 27, 1969, his Jewish boss asked Gus Dur to accompany him to Tahrir
> > Square, which was just steps away from the office.
> >
> > On that day, nine Iraqi Jews were hanged at the square. They were
> convicted
> > on charges of spying for Israel. Their deaths were part of a persecution
> of
> > the tiny Jewish community that started around 1941.
> >
> > Upon seeing the bodies, Gus Dur's boss broke down and cried, for the dead
> > men were his friends.
> >
> > "That event left a very deep impact on my father," recounted Yenny Wahid,
> > Gus Dur's second daughter.
> >
> > "They were victims of politics and a policy of hatred. On that day, my
> > father vowed he would protect minority people for as long as he lived."
> >
> > Gus Dur taught his followers to respect and accept others at all times,
> > regardless of race and religion, as all men were God's creation. He also
> > explained the Jewish faith and their people to Muslims.
> >
> > In 1994, Gus Dur broke new ground when he visited Israel. He also called
> > Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmedinejad a "liar" for denying the Holocaust.
> >
> > And Gus Dur led by example. In 2004, when extremist Muslims built a wall
> > around the Sang Timur Catholic school in Tangerang, Jakarta, to stop
> > students from entering, Gus Dur intervened. He ordered 100 of his
> followers
> > to safeguard the school and went to the school himself.

> [...]

Milis ini tidak menerima attachment.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: