Save money on all your monthly bills at LowerMyBills.com!
We’ve compared 100’s of providers so you don’t have to.
Click today to save $400/year on your Long Distance Bill.
http://click.topica.com/caaad4nb1dhdKb1tdRUb/LowerMyBills
Claes Persson wrote:

An unemployed is not supposed to both have benefit for the unemployed and, at the same time, making money by selling cakes or something without paying incometax on whatever little they can make that way. The burocrats stops that. Even if it just result in some pocket money. Not enogh to pay the rent or support the kids. But on the other hand:

As long as the benefit is payed out they are supposed to spend their time looking for work and not baking cakes, right? I don't think they starve in the USA as the authoroties, according to the complaints on this list, spend far too much on the social welfare anyway.

Claes

People on employment are supposed to apply for three jobs a week. Many (most) of them fake the weekly report. They do not want a job and certainly do not need a job.  Many do "odd jobs" for cash only (to hide the payment record), which is illegal if they do not report the income. Of course, this non-reported income is tax free, another huge reward for breaking the law.

Reasently a lot of building workers got busted here in Sweden for just this participation in the "dark workingforce" and will stand trial for fraud. It will cost them to have double income (benefit plus net salary).

But let's not forget the other part in this transaction. The employer. He also gain a lot. The jobb gets done cheaper as no tax has to be deducted. If there was no employer willing to get the jobb done this way there would not be any "dark workforce".
______________________________

A big part of the problem is the Unemployment Services people want more people on unemployment to justify and expand their job and pay. They pay little attention to the rules and "backhandedly" encourage person to stay on unemployment.

Roger
Ohio

I agree. It's human not wanting to be without work, but it's in no way good for the economy. That is if that's what really happens!

Claes

§( :8-)

Find the perfect present at Flowers USA!
Order by 3pm for same day delivery.
We have flowers, food and more. Click below.
http://click.topica.com/caaaeKHb1dhdKb1tdRUg/FlowersUSA