In a message dated 7/7/02 6:53:41 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Once again, when the demands of globalism clashed with the call of
patriotism, he put America first. Because he, not Al Gore, is in the
Oval Office, America has rejected both the ICC and the Kyoto Protocol on
global warming. Even on steel tariffs, where he put his free-trade
ideology on the shelf to protect America's steel industry from foreign
dumping, Bush exhibited a Reaganite patriotism. And the muted protests
suggest that liberals recognize that the patriot card is still the ace
of trumps in American politics.

=====
(Couple sitting in front of the TV, watching the news)
Wife: You know -- with everything that's happened, I really believe it was the best thing for our country that Bush got the presidency. He's definitely the right man in the right place at the right time.
Husband: Oh, Shut Up, Tipper!