The Pledge of Allegiance.....

The following words were spoken by the late Red Skelton on his
television program as he related the story of his teacher, Mr. Laswell,
who felt his students had come to think of the Pledge of Allegiance
as merely something to recite in class each day. Keep these words
in mind this Independence Day as you see our flag proudly wave,
and place your hand to your heart to recite the following:

I -- me, an individual, a committee of one.

Pledge -- dedicate all my worldly goods to give without self pity.

Allegiance -- my love and devotion.

To the flag -- our standard, Old Glory, a symbol of freedom. Where
she waves, there is respect because your loyalty has given her
a dignity that shouts freedom is everybody's job.

Of the United -- that means we have all come together.

States -- individual communities that have united into 50 great states.
Fifty individual communities with pride and dignity and purpose, all
divided with imaginary boundaries, yet united to common purpose,
and that's for love of country.

(of America)

And to the Republic -- republic is a state in which sovereign power is
invested in representatives chosen by the people to govern. And
government is the people and it's from the people to the leaders,
not from the leaders to the people.

For which it stands, one nation under God -- The nation, meaning
"so blessed by God"

Indivisible -- incapable of being divided.

With liberty -- which is freedom and the right of power to live one's
own life without threats or fears of some sort of retaliation.

And Justice -- the principle or quality of dealing fairly with others.

For all -- which means, ladies and gentlemen, it's as much your
country as it is mine.

Celebrate America!

Happy Birthday!

God Bless America!