Am Montag, 13. November 2006 20:27 schrieb Dennis Schridde:
> Updates on Warzone Licensing.
>
> As you can read in the forwarded mail Virgil is still in touch with Alex
> McLean and I am optimistic that there will be good results for us.
>
> As we probably don't want to wait with the 2.0.5 release till February
> (even though it was delayed for loooong allready), I think it is best to
> get some readme's and license files written,

> which say that we are in touch
> with Alex and working on getting the clear statement from him that
> everything released on 06.12.2004 in that file is GPLed
Per meant on IRC that it would probably be better to not say anything about
that in the readme/license for now, but give it as a present when it happens
that we get the statement.

Sounds reasonable so far, question is what do we want to tell instead? Some
distros were unsure whether to include the data or not due to the legaly
unclear state, so it probably won't help if we say we distribute it under the
GPL even though we can't be sure it is, would it?

Do we want to inform them of our doings in this case or just wait till we get
a response from Alex? (And hope we get it at all, otherwise we are in no
clearer position as before, besides the fact that we know we distributed
something as GPL which till then is not.)

--Dennis

PS: Sorry Christian that I forgot to write this earlier and you allready
worked out a proposal. :(