On 3/14/07, Per Inge Mathisen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
These are not bitshifts instead of multiplication or division by a
power of two, but actually bitshifts to conserve the precious memory
of the PSX. The correct solution is to expand the relevant structures
a bit, so that we do not have to compress the data by bitshifting.
I've wanted to do this for a long time, but I never got around to it.

Actually, I was thinking of something else when I wrote this. I
realized this when I saw your commit.

Although you could just store both world and tile coordinates and
avoid the bitshifts, they are of course actually used for
multiplication and division in this case.

Now, the other TILE_* macros and definitions, on the other hand,
really could really use larger structs instead of compressing lots of
data by bitshifting.

 - Per