On 3/17/07, Dennis Schridde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I did DoxyComments in the header before, because that way they are easily
accessible when you have a look at the declaration. No need to search for
the
definition. (Which is usualy at line 3276 in an ugly formated code file
not
ordered like the header is and thus more difficult to find than in a small
header.)
Additionaly to that, if you would want to use the header as an API
definition
for a library and thus install only the header and not the sourcecode, you
have lost the comments.
That were my thoughts when I did it the other way.

But if documentation would be widely present you could of course create
the
doxydocs and use them instead of the headers. This seems also to be the
way
Trolltech does it with Qt, so it can't be a big problem. (Qt is documented
very good, though.)

So you got my ok, too.

--Dennis

hmmm should we start commenting the source using doxygen doc syntaxs or we
should wait until all clean-ups are finished?

I think all libs are included in wz now(I saw them as individual projects
and linked staticly? in 1.10 source),so commenting in .c is probably better
than in .h imo,since we dont need to produce a big engine library file and
let the game executable binaries to static-link against it like other games
do.