On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 04:14:26 -0400 Kamaze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>Mhm,... well,... i have the most tracks in mp3.
>Sure, i can easiely convert them to ogg, that would be no problem.
>But i think the most have MP3 files so i think we should leave it
>for
>the first or make it optional for compile time.
>
>- Regards, Kamaze
>
>Giel van Schijndel schrieb:
>> How about removing MP3 support?
>>
>> I personally think we might as well do this since the only code
>that
>> uses MP3 stuff is the playlist code. Also this code isn't used
>all that
>> heavily and people can always still use OggVorbis for their
>playlists.
>>
>> Apart from that we'd have the added advantage of having one
>building
>> dependency less: libmad
>>
>> I have a patch at the ready for removing this, all I have to do
>is
>> commit it. So just tell me if you don't like this idea,
>otherwise I'll
>> just throw the MP3 support out the window.

I also have lots of mp3 files.  Converting them all then no work on
mp3 player.    I no see why we remove mp3 support, it don't use
much code.  You can makes it compile line option for linux if want
like Kamaze said.

--
Click to replace your roof, new technology last longer and stronger
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/CAaCXv1SIh1yIc7eswQQgbh7V45DWB2d/