Angus Lees schreef:
> On 4/23/07, *Per Inge Mathisen* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>> On 4/23/07, Giel van Schijndel <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
>> wrote:
>>>  * Use a variable sized array for the scanline array
>> Much as I like variable size arrays, this will break MSVC builds,
>> since MSVC does not support this (it is not a C99-compatible compiler,
>> which really sucks).
> alloca() ?
alloca isn't even standard C, although most _modern_ C compilers support
it. Most compilers that support variable sized arrays define those in
terms of alloca. So someone who was MSVC will have to confirm that
alloca works with MSVC first.

Also on Microsoft's page for the C RunTime library reference for VS.NET,
they state at the end of the first section (on this page
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/abx4dbyh(VS.80).aspx ):
"This version of Visual C++ is not conformant with the C99 standard."

It seems that Microsoft is almost not working at their C-compiler any
more. So I'm wondering should we support a compiler that isn't supported
by their developers anymore?

--
Giel