> Why is debug build no default for building with mingw/msys /linux?
> I think this why people no see asserts!  You must do --enable-debug
> now for it to enable debug mode.

IMHO, I think --enable-debug=yes should be the default for all but
release builds.

> Finally found problem.  In rev 227 works, all after do not, it
> asserts in map.
> Difference is debug routines (in 229?)?  I am too tire now, so
> can't check for sure, but maybe someone check reason?

That would be the change that made the assert visible in MSVC builds.
Earlier than this, asserts were just ignored on MSVC. For quite a
while, asserts were disabled for all builds.

Can you post a backtrace of and instructions for how to reproduce the
assert you are seeing?

  - Per