On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 08:45:49 -0400 Freddie Witherden
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Hi.
>
>As I am sure some of you know (I have been talking about it non-
>stop
>on IRC under the alias EvilGuru for the past week or so) I have
>been
>working on an update to the experience mechanism. In an attempt to
>
>make the system 'fairer' I have added support for partial kills,
>with
>units getting experience based off of how much damage they do to a
>
>unit (as a % of its original body.) So, for example: if a tank
>damages two cyborgs to 50% of their original body it would end up
>
>with 1 kill overall.
>
>I have tried to do this in as simpler way as possible, and have
>mostly succeeded. However, while it has been working fine in
>skirmish
>and campaign I need some clarification regarding multiplayer. For
>you
>see I am unsure how projectiles and the like are dealt with in
>multiplayer, I assumed that it was the same as in skirmish, but in
>
>multiplay.c on line 1608 there is a function which directly edits
>droids experience when it kills another unit.
>
>If this is the case then my update would not function (as it is
>incremental) and so would like to know in multiplayer games whose
>job
>it is to deal with unit experience: the functions in multiplay.c
>or
>those in projectile.c?
>
>Regards, Freddie.

Do units carry over rankings?  I never notice much difference, they
die too fast.
For your mod,  would not it make fix place/wall units very
powerful?

--
Click for a free comparison on life insurance policies and save 100's
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/CAaCXv1QSYOnKDgIPCBkTWZMTa3JOOci/