On 6/4/07, Giel van Schijndel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Now please tell me. Why should we at all want to have that size
> guarantee in any non-networking, non-file code ? I think we don't need
> it anywhere in those portions of code, so would really vote for using a
> plain `int` instead and leave the compiler a bit more freedom for
> optimizations, etc.

Compiler won't dare to optimize on the assumption that the coder will
not make any assumptions on the size of his declared types, so it
makes no difference either way.

My person opinion right now (it could change tomorrow), is that we
should just stick to the ugly UDWORD, SWORD, BOOL etc types that
warzone was originally coded with, just because it makes things
consistent. I like consistent. It also gives the source code a sort of
retro, 90ies feel to it ;-)

  - Per