i think if we don't care about pie2 compatibility, then we at least need to
drop the BSP stuff, and what i would like to see is the ability to specify
any number of texpages that may go with a pie (maybe up to 16), and make it
a mandatory argument that each polygon specify the associated texpage, in
the 0-n range. of course, we would want to add the disclaimer that artists
should *not* abuse that by giving each poly their own texpage, for example.

also, i think it would be ideal to either specify a LEVEL-OF-DETAIL system
that can be in PIE6 that is analagous to the mipmapping system we have in
place.  for terminology, we should reserve the PIE2 "LEVELS" and "LEVEL"
directive for this purpose, instead using new "FRAMES" and "FRAME"
directives to achieve what LEVEL had been used for before (which was just
animation via one of two ways, afaik).

furthermore, i believe it would be very good to put into the official PIE6
spec that statements *must* be separated by a newline (either we choose a
endline convention, or we allow any recognized common one as being valid in
the spec), *but* keep warzone using sscanf the way it is so that it accepts
any whitespace as a delimeter between terms.  I think this will just
encourage some standards of cleanliness on artists if ever they did things
by hand (though admittedly in 5 years i haven't seen anyone using a
space-separated term convention when editing by hand beyond the original
pumpkiners).