                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Sets the DebugInformationFormat to NOT be edit & continue,
so we can enable profiler again in debug mode.

Sets libs that we used to (mostly all) static versions.

The needed archive of all the static and dynamic libs used
to compile project, and special folder(s) (etc/fonts) is located :
http://download.gna.org/warzone/buggy/.
The one with date 12-Jan-2008 19:37 is wrong version.

Breakdown is as follows:

libvorbis-1.2.0   static  http://xiph.org/downloads/

libogg-1.1.3      static  http://xiph.org/downloads/

libpng-1.2.24     static  http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/libpng.html

zlib 1.2.3        static  http://www.zlib.net/

SDL_net-1.2.7     static  http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_net/

physfs1.1         static  svn://svn.icculus.org/physfs/trunk/

SDL-1.2.13        dynamic: 1 .dll   **
openAL 1.1        dynamic: 1 .dll       **

popt 1.8          dynamic: 3(ugh!) .dlls
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/popt.htm

quesoglc-0.6.5    dynamic: 5(UGH!) .dlls + extra folder(s) (etc/font)
http://quesoglc.sourceforge.net/
* the etc folder MUST be in the data directory where the .exe
is.  This is required by fontconfig, or else you will not see
text on the menu, or anywhere else.
QuesoGLC author is trying to get rid of that dependency in
future revisions.

The .dll files all go in the same directory as the .exe file.
Which would be ..\data if you use same compiler settings.

** Please get the official install from :
For openAL, (at time of this writing it is version 1.1)
http://developer.creative.com/articles/article.asp?cat=1&sbcat=31&top=38&aid=45

For SDL, (at time of this writing it is version 1.2.13
http://www.libsdl.org/download-1.2.php
runtime: http://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL-1.2.13-win32.zip
dev package: http://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL-devel-1.2.13-VC8.zip

%%NOTE, still have to upload to GNA, so until that is done, don't submit this
right now.

File Attachments:

Date: Sunday 01/13/2008 at 03:39  Name: msvcupdate.patch  Size: 2kB   By:
buginator