On 9/8/08, Dennis Schridde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Monday 08 September 2008 18:04:55 bugs buggy wrote:
>  > On 9/8/08, Dennis Schridde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> [I'll deal with the rest later, please be patient... ;)]

I think a few months is more than enough patience?
First bug report of this was 06/20/2008.

>  > > Question: This is the cause for the PhysFS crashes we are experiencing,
>  > > right?
>
> > The crash doesn't happen in physFS, it happens because warzone is reading
>  > in the wrong data (base instead of mp) which resulted in this:
>  >
>  > "error : [scrv_error] VLO parse error: Construct component CyborgSpade not
>  > found at line 86, text: 'CyborgSpade'
>  > error : [dataScriptLoadVals] Script rules.vlo did not compile
>  > error : [resLoadFile] resLoadFile: The load function for resource type
>  > "SCRIPTVAL" failed for file "rules.vlo"
>  > error : [resLoad] resLoad: failed to parse wrf/multi/skirmish8.wrf
>  > error : [startGameLoop] Shutting down after failure"
>
> Wasn't the final result a segfault? Or is that another bug triggered on top of
>  this?

It still crashes, but my crash dumps point to warzone, not physfs.
It does:
Warzone2100-Dbg.exe!scriptFreeCode(_script_code * psCode=0x03cc54c8)
Line 83 + 0x9 bytes    C
if (psCode->ppsLocalVarVal[i][j].type == VAL_STRING)
ppslocalVarVal = 0x0

I tried again with physfs1.1.1 to see if it was anything different,
but I don't recall the exact issue we had, and I can't seem to find my
local crash logs I did back then.
I know it crashed, but I don't recall where it crashed.  I also know
that changing to physfs 1.0 made it not crash.  However, as of right
now, using 1.1.1 or 1.0 makes no difference.
Lots of things have changed since then, so, it is a bit hard to
backtrack, and see what the issue was.  I am not even sure it is worth
it.

These are all related, and possibly more.  (GNA search capabilities
are lacking--I need to search body, not just summary)
bug  #11847
bug  #11875
bug  #11898
bug  #11976