Hello everyone,

I'm still a little sad that we didn't switch to Git. However, I made it
possible to use both Git and SVN.

Anyone who wants to crawl out of the SVN pit is welcome to clone
git://gitorious.org/warzone2100/mainline.git
If you have any interesting commits in your public repository I will
pull from you and commit them to SVN, where they will end up as being
committed by mr. Git SVN Gateway. A From: line at the bottom will show
the original author.

Any commits from SVN will also show up in the mainline repository, so
you can pull/fetch from there to keep up to date with the work being
done in SVN. Keep in mind that it is a manual process (I have to be able
to resolve any merge conflicts) so it might lag behind a day or two.

One of the problems is that I'm the only one that can operate the
gateway (as you can't clone a git-svn repository). This could be solving
by hosting the repository on a server somewhere, where developers could
login to run the script and fix merges.

Regards,

Gerard

P.S. For those interested, the latest version of the script can be found
at
http://gitorious.org/projects/warzone2100/repos/mainline/blobs/master/tools/gitsvngateway/gitsvngateway
Any suggestions about shell scripting (it's my first !) or better uses
of Git are welcome of course.