Kreuvf wrote:

> Dennis Schridde wrote:
>
>> Explanation of the acronym "TD" and a short summary of the contents would be
>> nice.
>>
> I figured out that "TD" stands for "Tower Defense" which reminds me of the
> Starcraft defense maps.
>
> But I am curious what this is about as well ;)

Correct, it stands for "Tower Defense". For those who have never played
one here is a short description:
* You have a certain amount of lives (say 20)
* Enemy units appear somewhere, and try to reach a destination
* To stop them, you build towers which shoot at them and sometimes force
them to travel through an elaborate maze of towers
* For every unit killed you get a small amount of money (power), which
you can use to build more towers
* If some get through, you lose lives
* After the first group, a stronger/faster group of units appears, and
the cycle repeats.

The lua2 branch now has a tower defense mod, which can be activated
using --mod=td. It has one 4 player map where the enemies start at 2
points at the top of the map and try to reach the bottom. You have to
work together to stop them all.

Regards,

Gerard