On 5/28/09, Kreuvf <kre...@warzone2100.de> wrote:

>  bugs buggy wrote:
>  > Since nobody has had time to update the docs/* to make them current, I
>  > think we should just scrub that directory, and instead have links to
>  > our web site & wiki & FAQ.  Those are mostly up to date, and we
>  > wouldn't really need to do anything.
>
> Did you take a look at the current state of the docs? Last time I talked to
> you
>  about it (~week ago?) the only thing mentioned was that some paths are not
>  correct anymore.

New command line options, cheat warning, paths, default values for the
new entries in the config file, and so on...

>  So, if those files are about to be excluded from distribution then at least
> make
>  sure that all the information contained in them right now is available
> online as
>  well.

All that information is on the wiki & FAQ is it not?

>  Additionally I strongly dislike the idea of not having offline help resources
>  anymore.

True,  but this is only temporary, until we get a chance to update the docs.
For what it is worth, I did take a crack at it, but I can only handle
the English readme.en, the German & xhtml versions still need fixing.
It still is missing lots of the new command line / config options, and
I don't got the time to fix it as it should be fixed.

> This is even worse considering that wz2100.net to the best of my
>  knowledge is the only mirror for the aforementioned resources and down-times
>  happen. So I propose adding the following to the doc-files instead of
> excluding
>  them:

>  "This file has not been updated since the release of 2.1. Some information
> may
>  not be correct any more. For current information visit the homepage of the
>  Warzone 2100 Resurrection Project."
>
>  - - Kreuvf

I guess the disclaimer can work as well... either or works for me.

And we always have google cache ;)