On 6/11/09, Per Inge Mathisen <per.maxxx...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 6:27 AM, bugs buggy<buginxxx...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > In case you haven't noticed, in r7717 (trunk) r7718(2.2), I fixed the
>  > blasted seam issue.  While I am still unclear why it wasn't fixed like
>  > this before
>
> Can you try to explain in words what stroke of genius it is that you
>  implemented?

All I did was move the texture coordinates like so.   Take, texture
size -1 / texture size then add the texture coordinates of the center
of the tile.

If tile texture size is 64, then it is  63/64 (= 0.984375).  We then
take the tile we need, * by 0.984375, and then add in .5/64
(=0.0078125) to produce the correct texture offset.

>  We have tried a lot of approaches in the past, and whenever someone
>  said "I've fixed it!" someone else found a problem with it or the
>  seams were just harder to spot on some maps.

I tested this on 2 platforms, and with all the camera angles I could
do, both on a radeon 9600 & a Nvidia 8800 ...  what can I say, other
than I don't got seams anymore.  Not for trunk, not for 2.2.
*shrug*

>  > What does everyone think of a simultaneous release of 2.2.1 and beta 2.3?
>

> There are several more bugs in trunk that need to be fixed before we
>  can release even an alpha Some came in with the netplay branch merge,
>  some are older. Several are definitely blockers.
>
>  I would encourage everyone to start looking more closely at the bug
>  tracker, and fix bugs for a while. Then we can branch and start some
>  more systematic testing.

I thought that is what everyone was doing anyway?